All products at the good loaf are made with top quality ingredients, no preservatives, and the skilled handwork of our bakers and pastry chefs. There are no short cuts or compromises in quality.
These breads are baked in a loaf pan at a lower temperature. They contain either butter, milk, or buttermilk and are bagged in plastic as soon as they are cooled. The shelf life ranges from 4-7 days. With a thin and tender crust, and these breads are ideal for toast or sandwich bread, though they are so delicious, they certainly stand well on their own.
- Nanny Van’s Oatmeal * – a slightly sweet and soft bread
- Pain de Mie * – a wholesome white flour bread with a tight crumb structure
- Multigrain * – a 20 grain mix, chock full of nutrition yet a surprisingly delicate flavor
- Cinnamon Raisin – a tender moist crumb structure with a large swirl of cinnamon and sugar, abounding with juicy raisins
- Cinnamon Swirl – the same decadent cinnamon raisin bread without raisins
* available in rolls
These breads are not made daily, but are available for special order if needed for a day they are not scheduled to be made. As always, our breads often require advanced preparation and specialty ingredients, so please make sure you place your order 4 days in advance to ensure the appropriate accommodations can be made.
- Pointe a Calliere Miche – an Artisan bread made of High-Extraction Whole Wheat Flour resulting in a silky, nutritious full flavored loaf.
- Caramelized Onion and Sharp Cheddar Miche
- Sesame Semolina
- Brioche – made with Julie’s farm fresh eggs
- Chocolate Cherry Brioche
- Chocolate Challah
- Vegetarian Mexican Challah
- Mexican Challah with Smoked Sausage
A naturally leavened product made from wild yeast cultivated in the bakery. Our sourdoughs produce scientific miracles naturally through the process of fermentation. It diffuses phytic acid, the culprit that blocks mineral absorption, creates a friendly environment for healthy bacteria, has a lower glycemic index, more complex flavor, a better chew, better resistance to spoilage, and a good workout for you digestion. These have a 3-4 day shelf life, and recommend keeping in a bread box or under a clean linen to maintain the integrity of the loaf. See Care and Handling for detailed instructions.
- Traditional Sourdough
- Pain au Levain
- Cheddar Basil Sourdough
- Pepita Sage Sourdough
- Kalamata Sourdough
- Rosemary and Provencal infused Sourdough
- Sesame Semolina
- Cracked Wheat with Pecans and Cranberries
- Fig and Anise Sourdough
- Garlic Basil Sourdough
- Fougasse – available in Olive, Cheddar, Rosemary, or Pepita upon special order
A water loving grain, these breads have better moisture retention that their white flour counterparts, and therefore boast a longer shelf life, between 4 days to 1 month. These are not made daily, so please call ahead to ensure the bread will be available.
- Caraway Rye
- Organic 80% Rye
- Volkornbrot (store in a refrigerated space)
These breads contain no butter, milk, or buttermilk and are therefore called “Lean.” Because of this, they are generally best enjoyed the day of purchase. They are completely dependent on the quality of the flour, the skill, intuition, and experience of the baker. Adequate hydration, proficient handwork, and long fermentation transcend flour, water, salt, and yeast into a palette pleasing experience. When properly made, a baguette should have a depth of flavor and a slightly nutty taste, a crisp and hearty crust, and a light crumb structure with many “bubbles” throughout. Whereas commercially produced baguettes rarely taste much different than white bread, with a dense crumb structure and a soft crust. These breads have a 1-2 day shelf life, and we recommend draping with a linen cut side down on the cutting board or storing in a bread box to ensure maximum quality of the loaves. See Care and Handling for detailed instructions.
- Ciabattta *
- Pain Rustique *
* available in rolls
We have also created the following spreads to accompany our breads:
- Artichoke and Smoked Paprika
- Spinach and Chipotle
- Toasted Sunflower
- Roasted Red Pepper and Feta
Breakfast, Pastries, and More
Our scones are made lofty, buttery, and with farm fresh eggs from Julie’s Happy Hens. The attention to detail and quality ingredients make for an amazing scone unlike many you may have tried before.
- Wild Maine Blueberry Scones
- Dried Cherry White Chocolate and Toasted Almond Scones
- Cheddar Chive and Black Pepper Scones
Our Croissants are made on the premises, hand mixed, rolled, and shaped… a true labor of love, as any baker will attest. We use real butter, never shortening, and let them proof slowly- which gives the croissants a truly distinguishable flaky, buttery and light quality that commercially made croissants cannot replicate. We recommend eating them the day they were baked, or freezing them and reheating in a low temperature oven, nestled in an all metal lidded pan.
- Traditional Croissants
- Bear Claws
- Pain au Chocolat
- Ham and Cheese Croissants (Boars Head Maple Glazed Ham and Smoked Gouda)
- Danish: Lemon, Cheese, Raspberry and Mixed
Award Winning House-made Summit Boost Granola and Granola Bars with a hint of spice and natural sweetness, a perfect breakfast paired with yogurt!
Desserts and Cookies
The bakery is blessed with Tina, our magnificent pastry chef. You may challenge her talents, she will not disappoint. Here are some of her specialties:
- Chocolate Crinkles
- Ginger Molasses
- White Chocolate and Crystallized Ginger
- Oatmeal Raisin
- Almond macaroons
- Pecan Bars
- Lemon Squares
- Espresso brownies (a coffee infused decadent brownie)
- Cannolis (made to order)
- Apple Cranberry Crisp
She also makes spectacular specialty cakes! Take a look at our gallery and you will see a few of them on display